As a part of the Co-operative Retailing System, your local Co-op is proud to be involved in campaigns to raise funds and awareness for important ventures in your community.
Riverbend Co-op understands the importance of not just doing business in the communities we serve, but also helping the communities thrive. We help in several different ways – through charity giving, volunteerism, helping with community improvement projects, and helping people in need.
Some examples of how we care about our communities:
- We Care reusable bag program – since 2014 183,000 reusable bags have been used at our grocery stores, allowing us to donate $5,495 to local community groups and organizations.
- 2,466 lbs of food was donated to local food banks in 2018.
- Employees volunteer many hours of their own time in their communities.
- Our community BBQ program which raises funds for various community organizations in Outlook, Davidson, Kenaston and Beechy.
- Food for Hunger Barbecues - an initiative where elementary and high school students help collect food for the food bank, and Riverbend Co-op provides a free barbecue for staff and students.
- Riverbend Co-op Student Bursary awarded each year to a local employee graduating from high school.
- Sponsoring youths for Saskatchewan Co-op Youth Camp.
- Waste Diversion Program which allows us to recycle and reuse as much as possible.
We hope you'll join us in our commitment to improving and investing within our communities in the coming years!