You've made it this far, which means you've put some serious time and work into school!
By this time, you probably have an idea of where you want to start and have likely taken some small steps in the direction of your future! This is great! The Riverbend Co-op is looking to support your ambitions with our bursary program!
Each year, the Riverbend Co-op is honoured to assist two graduating students from within our trading area with $1,500 to help meet your goals!
HOW AM I ELIGIBLE?
- The applicant's parents/guardians or the applicant themselves must be a member in good standing of Riverbend Co-operative Ltd.
- The student must be a bonafide grade twelve student attending a school within Riverbend Co-op's trading area.
WHAT SCHOOLS ARE ELIGIBLE?
The schools in the trading area of Riverbend Co-op are as follows:
- Outlook High School (OHS)
- Lutheran Collegiate Bible Institute (LCBI)
- Kenaston High School
- Hanley Composite High School
- Loreburn Central School
- Beechy High School
- Davidson High School
- Dinsmore School
- Any Distance Learning Centre in our trading area (Dinsmore, Davidson, Beechy, Loreburn, Hanley, Kenaston, Outlook)
HOW WILL I BE ASSESSED?
Students will be assessed based on the following criteria:
- Application — 20 points
- Social Responsibility — 20 points
- Interview — 60 points
HOW IS THE AWARD PROCESSED?
- Bursary recipients will be decided upon by the Riverbend Co-op's GM (or designate) and representatives of the Riverbend Co-op's Board of Directors.
- Recipients to be announced at their school's awards or graduation ceremonies, where possible.
- The $1,500 bursary will be forwarded to the recipient upon Riverbend Co-op receiving one of the following:
- Confirmation of enrollment no later than one month prior to the course start date OR
- Tuition Statement
WHEN ARE THE DEADLINES?
The deadline to submit the application for the bursary is the first Friday in April.
Confirmation of enrollment or tuition statement should be submitted no later than one month prior to the course start date for the funds to be released by Riverbend Co-op.
WHERE TO APPLY?
Applying is easy! Simply fill in the form online here!
For more information, contact Brandy at: