Riverbend Co-op takes extreme pride in being able to give back to the communities we serve. We owe our success to the members of our community who purchase our products and services. Because our continued success depends on the strength of our community, we are committed to being a meaningful contributor for the betterment of our community, our members and our employees.
If you’re making a difference in our community through a non-profit, charitable organization or community group, we welcome your application to one of our local community support programs below:
Community Support Fund:
Riverbend Co-op’s Community Support Fund provides cash or in-kind donations to non-profit groups and organizations to help support programming, complete projects or improve facilities and/or services that enhance the quality of life in the communities we serve.
We welcome applications from:
- Non-profit/registered charitable organizations exempt from taxation under the Canada Income Tax Act, whose programs and services benefit our community
- Not-for-profit community groups and youth organizations (Non-registered are also considered)
Please note that someone on your team must have a Co-op membership to participate in this program, and that your group’s purpose should align with our Co-op’s values of Service, Integrity, Community, & Responsibility
How it works
- Submit an application through the online form or by submitting our paper application.
- Applications are reviewed and the recipients will be chosen at the discretion of Riverbend Co-op.
- Please allow a minimum of two weeks for us to respond. Please ensure that you submit your application a minimum of one month in advance to ensure all submissions are reviewed in a timely manner.
Recipients are encouraged to follow up with Riverbend Co-op on the success of the program, how the funds were used and the impact the funds had on the program.
Riverbend Co-op NOW uses Do Some Good to power Community Support applications.
Please allow a minimum of 2 weeks to review your requests and respond. For requests over $1000 please allow for at least 6 weeks for approval.
Riverbend Co-op works hard to assist as many community organizations as possible, however due to the high volume of requests received, not all worthwhile proposals will be approved. Such a response does not reflect upon the value of your organization and the valuable service you provide.